Tuesday 30 January 2007

Kwik Sew 3385 pants continued...

Kate: Well after giving away the first pair I made I have almost finished the second (only waistband and pant leg hems to go). This pair I made in a M/L- medium on the legs and a L around the hips/tummy area. I tried them on at the side seams stage and they fit so far so hopefully I can keep this pair!
I am quite happy with how quickly this pattern makes up- even accounting for retracing the pattern and starting over again. The pattern has only 4 pieces to it and the fly front- to me anyway- seems almost a cinch, once I got over that you start out with a zipper so long then proceed to cut a good part of it off!
I hope to put some pictures up of both pairs of pants when they are finished. Unfortunately as I have no computer at home I have to rely on being at work or Fleur's to post, so it might take a little while.

On another note we just celebrated Australia Day here- very very hot day with most of us in the pool (those who weren't sweltering over the BBQ). Some of the guests at my (Kates) house walked down to the Perth foreshore to watch the fireworks that they lauch off a barge on the river, most of us however preferred to stay back and relax in/ around the pool, rather than fight the crowds. 3 of the barges actually caught fire (oops!) no-one was hurt and the fireworks still continued as planned- amazing!

No comments: