Friday 26 January 2007

Kwik sew pants

Kate: Had just got about 3/4 through making a pair of Kwik sew 3385 pants when I tried them on and realised they were too tight around the Hips /crotch area- disaster! I had previously made other KS pattern items up in a Medium (dress and tops and yoga pants) and had assumed that as the yoga pants I made in an M fit perfectly, these would too. So I didn't bother tissue fitting or checking fit before I trimmed the side seams and zigzagged them together - BIG MISTAKE!!!
Lets just say the look above the crotch was "unflattering" and leave it at that.
Luckily for me they fit Fleur perfectly - so she now has another pair of pants for work and I don't have to finish sewing something that doesn't fit me (it only had the waistband to go).
And I have learnt my lesson to always"fit" a new pattern - even if you always use that particular size in that company's other patterns- especially pants!
Also I still have more of the fabric (grey panama brought on sale from spotlight at $3 a meter and buy2 get 1 free) so I can make another pair up in it. Surprisingly for a fabric that I was so-so on and only brought as it was really cheap, once made up into something I really liked it!

No comments: